Well, there has been enough interest in my 60 day fitness challenge idea that I decided to go ahead with it. Here’s the rules and guidelines. The challenge will start April 1, 2010. That gives everyone about 10 days to get ready and sign up.
1. No fad diets. I want real results that will stay with you after the challenge. Fad diets only lead to temporary results and are unhealthy.
2. Post your starting weight and body measurements that you will be tracking (waist, chest, arms, legs, and hips are what I track) here on or before April 1.
3. You must exercise at least 3 times a week for a minimum of half an hour. I don’t really care what you do, an exercise video, go for a walk or jog, ride your bike are all fine. Just move for at least half an hour 3 times a week.
4. Post your completed weekly exercises on my challenge update posts for the week.
5. Weigh yourself once a week. Post your weight along with your completed exercises.
6. After the final week of the challenge, total the body change for each area tracked and weight lost so I can determine the winner for each area (best arms, legs, waist, etc) as well as an overall winner. I’ll write more about this toward the end of the challenge.
7. Drink plenty of water. I’m not going to require a certain amount, but drinking water helps flush toxins and fat out of your body. A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces each day. For example if you weigh 160, then you should drink 80 ounces (10 cups). Don’t up your water intake all at once though because you’ll get sick.
That’s it! Simple isn’t it? If you have any reasonable suggestions for additional guidelines, please let me know. In the meantime, get ready. I like the BeachBody motto: Decide, Commit, Succeed. It’s time to decide and post your commitment. Hopefully you’ll see success at the end of May!